GameTZ

Sign OnNon-Mobile

PlayStation 5 Discussion Thread
11-Jun-20 5:34pm
#1
Frank
GameTZ Subscriber 750 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (13) Has Written 11 Reviews Secret Santa

This topic had many older posts which were moved here:

http://gametz.com/Vi...










































Let's discuss Sony's latest console, the PlayStation 5!

29-May-22 12:22pm
#2
longhornsk57
Quadruple Gold Good Trader This user is on the site NOW (10 minutes ago)

I kinda like the model. It didn't take away anything we had and only adds more options
29-May-22 12:27pm
#3
Feeb
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally

It's not very appealing to me right now because I have lots of retro stuff still. But if you don't and you want to play classics- then it really looks like a no brainer. I'm sure I'll get to try it when my current services stack or whatever.
29-May-22 12:42pm
#4
longhornsk57
Quadruple Gold Good Trader This user is on the site NOW (10 minutes ago)

Feeb wrote:
It's not very appealing to me right now because I have lots of retro stuff still. But if you don't and you want to play classics- then it really looks like a no brainer. I'm sure I'll get to try it when my current services stack or whatever.
that's fair, but your initial post said you're shocked people accept the model then you say it's a good model for those who it applies to and that it is a no brainer, I am not sure what the issue was?
29-May-22 12:44pm
#5
Feeb
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally

longhornsk57 wrote:
Feeb wrote:> It's not very appealing to me right now because I have lots of retro stuff still.> But if you don't and you want to play classics- then it really looks like a no brainer.> I'm sure I'll get to try it when my current services stack or whatever. that's fair, but your initial post said you're shocked people accept the model then you say it's a good model for those who it applies to and that it is a no brainer, I am not sure what the issue was?
I think you just have trouble with people being able to see two sides to an argument.

And what I said was it "I'm shocked at the overall acceptance of these rental services." But that's what fanboys do.
29-May-22 12:53pm
#6
longhornsk57
Quadruple Gold Good Trader This user is on the site NOW (10 minutes ago)

Feeb wrote:

I think you just have trouble with people being able to see two sides to an argument. And what I said was it "I'm shocked at the overall acceptance" of these services. But that's what fanboys do.
well that was unnecessarily hostile I was trying to clarify.

But ya I guess only a "fanboy" would pay for a good service that suited them.
29-May-22 12:56pm
#7
Feeb
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally

Lol. I swear I'm not trying to offend you every time I post. *Tip toes*
29-May-22 1:07pm
#8
longhornsk57
Quadruple Gold Good Trader This user is on the site NOW (10 minutes ago)

Feeb wrote:
Lol. I swear I'm not trying to offend you every time I post. *Tip toes*
oh I am not offended, I just thought it was funny you got so touchy about something so innocuous. Either way ya I guess all NSO subs are fanboys, or GPU subs are fanboys, even spotify subs, or what's the logic exactly?
29-May-22 1:21pm
#9
Feeb
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally

I'm just being open that it isn't me with a boner for you. Carry on.
29-May-22 1:23pm
#10
Feeb
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally

But to address your serious confusion- most people don't act like you stabbed their mother if you say something negative about their sub service. The loud voices on all sides often are fanboys.
29-May-22 1:36pm
#11
longhornsk57
Quadruple Gold Good Trader This user is on the site NOW (10 minutes ago)

Feeb wrote:
I'm just being open that it isn't me with a boner for you. Carry on.
You very obviously have a boner for me, always have. Price is right we can work something out. But I mean since it's you the price would REALY have to be right, and i mean more than these subscription services you're so passionate about for some reason.
29-May-22 1:43pm
#12
longhornsk57
Quadruple Gold Good Trader This user is on the site NOW (10 minutes ago)

To be honest I don't even like the new Sony sub system it looks like a crap show, GPU way better.
29-May-22 1:54pm
#13
Feeb
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally

longhornsk57 wrote:
Feeb wrote:> I'm just being open that it isn't me with a boner for you. Carry on. You very obviously have a boner for me, always have. Price is right we can work something out. But I mean since it's you the price would REALY have to be right, and i mean more than these subscription services you're so passionate about for some reason.
My problem trying to communicate with you is you don't read subtlety. You see something and boom- it's wrong. For example- I'm surprised that most people are accepting these fee rental services and -if you don't have a classic library then the new ps plus is a no brainer- are not mutually exclusive statements. For many reasons. So yes/ when you respond with an innocuous statement saying I've contradicted myself- I can read between the lines due to our past run ins. If you'd like to PM to continue the conversation I'm open- but if you want to continue playing victimized village dunce please do.

I have no problems dealing with you on a trading site. 🤷🏻‍♂️
29-May-22 2:04pm
#14
DarkFact
GameTZ Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews

Archer wrote:
Also I'm not sure why I'm defending Sony. I think this change of service is crap and its going to suck. And people are going to hate it.
Just wait until they start dropping combos in Tekken 3 because 50hz sucks
29-May-22 2:11pm
#15
longhornsk57
Quadruple Gold Good Trader This user is on the site NOW (10 minutes ago)

Feeb wrote:

My problem trying to communicate with you is you don't read subtlety. You see something and boom- it's wrong. For example- I'm surprised that most people are accepting these fee rental services and -if you don't have a classic library then the new ps plus is a no brainer- are not mutually exclusive statements. For many reasons. So yes/ when you respond with an innocuous statement saying I've contradicted myself- I can read between the lines due to our past run ins. If you'd like to PM to continue the conversation I'm open- but if you want to continue playing victimized village dunce please do. I have no problems dealing with you on a trading site. 🤷🏻‍♂️
I honestly have no idea why you're getting serious / emotional on a trading site when I thought we were just messing around. I don't actually remember our past run ins other than to banter sometimes and you've actually given me some solid advice on my cats before.

You are doing this weird mental gymnastics game when you apparently got actually offended by a simple question and us kind of joking around (or so I thought) about you wanting me sexually (which honestly I couldn't blame you). It was a contradiction and I was trying to clarify meaning. Why things have to be black and white for you instead of explaining a point is beyond me, and I am sorry you took that personally and that you feel we have some "history" on this site or something, I always figured we were cool and I don't have beef with anyone on here, especially you. But I guess it's the internet and anyone is entitled to get upset over whatever they want, so for what it's worth hopefully you're disabused about that. I'd say a moderator would probalby do us a favor and wipe this entire pointless conversation.

__

We've derailed this thread enough I think I'll be more careful when replying to you. As to the actual subject matter itself I think I am getting transferred into the high tier which is cool but ti does not look nearly as good as GPU, or even NSO. The NSO games actually play really well. The Genesis and SNES games I have been using a lot, although I do wish they'd do something like Mario 35 again, but maybe for another Mario game.

If Sony could match that, and come up with something original like a Crash game taht is only on the service etc, that would raise the bar big time.
29-May-22 2:11pm
#16
longhornsk57
Quadruple Gold Good Trader This user is on the site NOW (10 minutes ago)

DarkFact wrote:
Archer wrote:> Also I'm not sure why I'm defending Sony. I think this change of service is crap> and its going to suck. And people are going to hate it. Just wait until they start dropping combos in Tekken 3 because 50hz sucks
are we getting 50hz in the US / NA regions?
29-May-22 2:13pm
#17
DarkFact
GameTZ Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews

Asia is a 60hz NTSC region and this is the second time they've done this, I'm at least 50/50 that they don't bother to fix it before launching here
29-May-22 2:14pm
#18
DarkFact
GameTZ Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews

Honestly the argument is way more interesting than the Sony Plus service so I say keep at it
29-May-22 2:16pm
#19
Feeb
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally

longhornsk57 wrote:
Feeb wrote:> > My problem trying to communicate with you is you don't read subtlety. You see something> and boom- it's wrong. For example- I'm surprised that most people are accepting these> fee rental services and -if you don't have a classic library then the new ps plus> is a no brainer- are not mutually exclusive statements. For many reasons. So yes/> when you respond with an innocuous statement saying I've contradicted myself- I can> read between the lines due to our past run ins. If you'd like to PM to continue> the conversation I'm open- but if you want to continue playing victimized village> dunce please do. > > I have no problems dealing with you on a trading site. 🤷🏻‍♂️ I honestly have no idea why you're getting serious / emotional on a trading site when I thought we were just messing around. I don't actually remember our past run ins other than to banter sometimes and you've actually given me some solid advice on my cats before. You are doing this weird mental gymnastics game when you apparently got actually offended by a simple question and us kind of joking around (or so I thought) about you wanting me sexually (which honestly I couldn't blame you). It was a contradiction and I was trying to clarify meaning. Why things have to be black and white for you instead of explaining a point is beyond me, and I am sorry you took that personally and that you feel we have some "history" on this site or something, I always figured we were cool and I don't have beef with anyone on here, especially you. But I guess it's the internet and anyone is entitled to get upset over whatever they want, so for what it's worth hopefully you're disabused about that. I'd say a moderator would probalby do us a favor and wipe this entire pointless conversation. __ We've derailed this thread enough I think I'll be more careful when replying to you. As to the actual subject matter itself I think I am getting transferred into the high tier which is cool but ti does not look nearly as good as GPU, or even NSO. The NSO games actually play really well. The Genesis and SNES games I have been using a lot, although I do wish they'd do something like Mario 35 again, but maybe for another Mario game. If Sony could match that, and come up with something original like a Crash game taht is only on the service etc, that would raise the bar big time.

Oh you were joking. It's all my bad then. For future reference the "boner" is an offensive maneuver. I'm an emotional wreck. Going to get beer and hotdogs. 🤣
29-May-22 2:27pm
#20
longhornsk57
Quadruple Gold Good Trader This user is on the site NOW (10 minutes ago)

DarkFact wrote:
Honestly the argument is way more interesting than the Sony Plus service so I say keep at it
Have to agree with that actually. Sony needs to step it up. They have the superior system but inferior service. If you've enjoyed this free entertainment please don't forget to tip.


Feeb wrote:
Oh you were joking. It's all my bad then.
It's all good my man, glad it's worked out. Enjoy your beer and hot dogs. I can't really get with hot dogs because I am always like, what's in this? More of a burger person myself.
29-May-22 2:30pm
#21
Feeb
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally

Why don't you just come out and say what you mean- I'm eating dicks. Open book dude.

This post really is a joke.

PlayStation 5 Discussion Thread