GameTZ

Sign OnNon-Mobile

Random thoughts....
2-Mar-22 10:17pm
#1
shadyfozzie
Triple Gold Good Trader

This topic had many older posts which were moved here:

https://gametz.com/G...


Post your random thoughts, questions, ideas here... I'll start

1) Have you ever watched America's Funniest Videos and wonder why the winning video is almost NEVER funny AT ALL?? We were watching some older episodes on Disney Plus and the final 3 videos are always stupid and not funny, and the worst one ALWAYS wins.. WTF..

2) How have cereal bags NOT been made with zip lock technology??

3) They need to make a container that can keep to-go french fries from getting soggy...
9-Nov-23 5:22pm
#2
KCPenguins
GameTZ Subscriber Gold Good Trader

Random thought... quintessential internet in here.
9-Nov-23 5:27pm
#3
theJaw
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader

KCPenguins wrote:
Random thought... quintessential internet in here.
I miss the NHL 96 days, I'll tell ya what.
9-Nov-23 5:30pm
#4
KCPenguins
GameTZ Subscriber Gold Good Trader

EA needs to farm out a 2d remake with updated rosters. Easy $20.
9-Nov-23 5:39pm
#5
theJaw
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader

KCPenguins wrote:
EA needs to farm out a 2d remake with updated rosters. Easy $20.
Would buy that so, so fast. Classic EA, leaving free money on the table.
9-Nov-23 5:53pm
#6
benstylus
GameTZ Gold Subscriber GameTZ Full Moderator 550 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (9) Has Written 26 Reviews

theJaw wrote:
stuff
You are 100% wrong about everything on this issue. You're a moron and should rethink your life choices.


That's not my statement to you, but that's the attitude you project when you say you understand but the other side is being irrational, and that your way of thinking is obviously right.

When you start your argument with an attack on people's strongly held beliefs, they stop listening. Period. Doesn't matter who is right at that point.

John's point is that the way you are trying to argue the issue is exactly what the pro-choice argument has been for decades and it just doesn't work on religious pro lifers. So a new strategy is needed if they want to make any headway.

Much like the hard right are currently strategizing after their losses on Tuesday on how to make their message more palatable.


9-Nov-23 6:00pm
#7
theJaw
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader

benstylus wrote:
stuff
I'm not under some goofy impression that my opinion is going to change anybody's minds if they feel abortion is the same as murdering a baby. That was never my point. I'm not TRYING to make anybody believe me. I’m not a politician or activist over here. I completely understand the point John was making that me bluntly stating my opinion isn't going to "work" on pro-lifers -- I literally never disputed that fact.

My point is that attempting a new "strategy" doesn't work -- because it historically never has -- and I'm over pretending that there's some magical new approach that will suddenly change the religious right's opinions on this matter. That's a fairytale. Again, the belief that women should be allowed to make their own decisions will remove 0 human rights from anybody, whereas the stance that "every fetus is a life given by God and should be protected as such" will effect people's lives and livelihoods. It is not the "same" just because both stances are unwavering despite your suggestion that it is.

I'm sorry I have a hard opinion on this as formed by my life experiences -- but that's all it is: an opinion. I know not everybody is going to agree with me and I was never trying to make that the case. I've just seen how this garbage affects people on a human level past a political campaign and am entirely over trying to reason over something that takes personal autonomy away. Super sorry if that's tough for people, but I mean no ill will.
9-Nov-23 6:00pm
#8
MrBean
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 1 Review

So how 'bout them squirrels...

My bad for bringing up the topic at hand, I take fault for going there. I'm a real Mcbutt-hole.

Also, it's insane to me that my 6 year old started wrestling this week. At practice and I'm just amazed because they never did that crap for us growing up (at least I don't think so, we were poor and didn't know any better).
9-Nov-23 6:14pm
#9
theJaw
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader

MrBean wrote:

Also, it's insane to me that my 6 year old started wrestling this week. At practice and I'm just amazed because they never did that crap for us growing up (at least I don't think so, we were poor and didn't know any better).
Wrestling and boxing were great for me during the ol' school years. Keep that 6 year old at it, hopefully they grow to love it. So satisfying getting some wins under your belt back at that age.
9-Nov-23 6:52pm
#10
Foxhack
350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader

KCPenguins wrote:
EA needs to farm out a 2d remake with updated rosters. Easy $20.
... I was wondering if they had already done this, but nope - EA released "NHL 94 Rewind" for PS4 and Xbone back in 2020, which was the old Genesis game with updated rosters.

I do wonder why they never did the same with 96. Rights issues? Too difficult to hack? Who knows. I don't think there's even any fan-made roster update hacks for 96 out there.
9-Nov-23 7:26pm
#11
theJaw
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader

Foxhack wrote:
... I was wondering if they had already done this, but nope - EA released "NHL 94 Rewind" for PS4 and Xbone back in 2020, which was the old Genesis game with updated rosters. I do wonder why they never did the same with 96. Rights issues? Too difficult to hack? Who knows. I don't think there's even any fan-made roster update hacks for 96 out there.
I don’t know why I always preferred 96 tbh. I’m not even sure if there were any mechanic changes between those old NHL games. But 96 will always be a top 10 game for me.
9-Nov-23 7:29pm
#12
Foxhack
350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader

Which makes it weirder that no one has been able to make a roster hack. People seem to LOVE that game. Guess not enough Genesis nerds like it though. :p
9-Nov-23 8:43pm
#13
KCPenguins
GameTZ Subscriber Gold Good Trader

'94 was the first one I owned. The only thing I wished they kept was smashing the glass with an errant slapshot. Otherwise '96 was my jam, as apparent by '97 and '98 being identical on SNES. (And 2002 on GBA)
9-Nov-23 8:45pm
#14
loztdogs
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader

benstylus wrote:
theJaw wrote:> stuff You are 100% wrong about everything on this issue. You're a moron and should rethink your life choices. that's the attitude you project when you say you understand but the other side is being irrational, and that your way of thinking is obviously right.
Oh crap! Lol if that ain’t the truth I don’t know what the fudge is.


9-Nov-23 8:49pm
#15
theJaw
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader

KCPenguins wrote:
'94 was the first one I owned. The only thing I wished they kept was smashing the glass with an errant slapshot. Otherwise '96 was my jam, as apparent by '97 and '98 being identical on SNES. (And 2002 on GBA)
Ohh yah I forgot about the smashing glass.

I actually just found a rom hack that makes NHL 96 wider -- so you see more of the rink at once without as much panning. I don't know if that'd have a huge effect on how much I enjoy the game but I think I may give it a try, just to see.
9-Nov-23 11:02pm
#16
MrBean
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 1 Review

Size, or quality, for a TV?

Think I'm finally gonna upgrade my 2018 82" TV. It's had some ghosting/fading issues for a bit now. I thjnk I'm on the verge of pulling the trigger.

Can go 98", 85", 83". In order of less to higher quality.

98 has to be insanely awesome purely for the size ... But the picture on the others will be superior. Torn.

Does size matter? Ha
9-Nov-23 11:08pm
#17
theJaw
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader

@MrBean Go right in the middle with that 85”. 98” is fudgein huge.
9-Nov-23 11:51pm
#18
MrBean
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 1 Review

All Samsung TVs (get awesome discounts).

98" = QLED ($3800) - Q80C
85" = NEO QLED ($2100) - QN90C
83" = OLED ($2600) - S90C

The OLED is supposedly an all around better picture, but is prone to burn in, and bad in rooms with lots of light (my family room is insanely bad with direct sunlight).

If all goes well, we'll move at some point, so I had to omit the OLED based on current room.

Also, we just dropped $3k on a washer/dryer, so saving money is prob smart.

I think at this point I'm torn between the 83" and 85". I may wait to see if the 98" gets a bigger price cut for Black Friday though. This whole "black friday month" crap is confusing and annoying.
10-Nov-23 8:19am
#19
Foxhack
350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader

I just had to explain what GameTZ is to an ICE agent.

That was fun! (bleh)
10-Nov-23 8:24am
#20
John
GameTZ Gold Subscriber GameTZ Full Moderator 450 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (13)

MrBean wrote:
So how 'bout them squirrels...
We have squirrels all over in Michigan -- and even in our neighborhood -- but never in our yard. It's a little weird.

A few days ago, we came home and one was on our front porch. He saw us and shot across the yard and left.

Squirrels don't like my yard apparently.
10-Nov-23 10:15am
#21
Bleed_DukeBlue
Triple Gold Good Trader

Alright, I'm curious.

Foxhack wrote:
I just had to explain what GameTZ is to an ICE agent. That was fun! (bleh)

Random thoughts....