GameTZ

Sign OnNon-Mobile

Am I the only one that misses reviews??
14-Jan-22 8:39am
#1
JMAN
GameTZ Subscriber Bronze Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally

Came back on after a few years of hiatus to see the reviews and Java chat were gone understood why it happened with both (PM'd bill) lol. But I think I'm missing the review aspect more. Now that I'm back on here full time I was looking forward to giving back to the community having fun and writing reviews for newer games. Just random thoughts I suppose also if wrote any reviews on a forum would anyone read em?

14-Jan-22 8:43am
#2
benstylus
GameTZ Gold Subscriber GameTZ Full Moderator 550 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (9) Has Written 26 Reviews

I miss reviews too. Forum posts are fine but reviews are more permanent and more fun

14-Jan-22 8:53am
#3
Scott
GameTZ Subscriber 250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 2 Reviews

I didn't realize they were gone.
14-Jan-22 9:05am
#4
JMAN
GameTZ Subscriber Bronze Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally

Scott wrote:
I didn't realize they were gone.
Yeah you can read old ones but can't post new ones bill send me the post. https://gametz.com/S... I told him if he ever reconsidered to do them again I would be more than happy to help however I could. Also LOL Scott you posted the last review!
14-Jan-22 9:05am
#5
JMAN
GameTZ Subscriber Bronze Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally

benstylus wrote:
I miss reviews too. Forum posts are fine but reviews are more permanent and more fun
I completely agree. I was looking forward to writing some.
14-Jan-22 9:15am
#6
Scott
GameTZ Subscriber 250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 2 Reviews

JMAN wrote:
Scott wrote:> I didn't realize they were gone. Yeah you can read old ones but can't post new ones bill send me the post. https://gametz.com/S... I told him if he ever reconsidered to do them again I would be more than happy to help however I could.
Oh yeah, I remember that now haha
14-Jan-22 9:19am
#7
JMAN
GameTZ Subscriber Bronze Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally

Scott wrote:
JMAN wrote:> Scott wrote: |>> I didn't realize they were gone. > > Yeah you can read old ones but can't post new ones bill send me the post. https://gametz.com/S...> I told him if he ever reconsidered to do them again I would be more than happy to> help however I could. Oh yeah, I remember that now haha
I mean if we could get enough people on board of getting them back maybe? Plus the 3 us could help with editing and approving? Just putting it out there Scott benstylus
14-Jan-22 10:57pm
#8
Frozyre
GameTZ Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 3 Reviews Secret Santa

I'd love to write reviews again at somepoint. I've been writing reviews for Steam games for a bit now. Would like to get one more accolade to my account too and that'd be the golden review icon.
14-Jan-22 11:49pm
#9
egg
Double Gold Good Trader

Sorry but I'ma hafta say no. In fact I'm actually annoyed that existing reviews weren't taken down when submissions stopped, although I understand the reasoning behind leaving them up. I just find them cringeworthy.
15-Jan-22 3:28am
#10
Boss
GameTZ Subscriber 700 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (8) Secret Santa

We had reviews?
16-Jan-22 3:39pm
#11
PizzaTheHutt
GameTZ Subscriber Gold Good Trader Has Written 3 Reviews

I also didn't realize you couldn't submit new reviews anymore. I liked the feature back when it was first added, but it has been years since I've read any of them, mostly because I was only interested in the game reviews and we have a thread in the VideoGame_Discussion forum specifically for posting game reviews and it has been active since 2003.

17-Jan-22 2:18pm
#12
Scott
GameTZ Subscriber 250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 2 Reviews

I always wanted to write more reviews for this site, but then would never get around to it. So while it was semi-sad to see them go, it wasn't that big of a deal to me.
17-Jan-22 2:54pm
#13
Boss
GameTZ Subscriber 700 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (8) Secret Santa

Create Word Press review site called ReviewRus.com.
Put all reviews on that and allow others to post reviews.
Surround site with gametz banners
??
Profit
17-Jan-22 3:00pm
#14
JMAN
GameTZ Subscriber Bronze Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally

Boss wrote:
Create Word Press review site called ReviewRus.com. Put all reviews on that and allow others to post reviews. Surround site with gametz banners ?? Profit
"And bro down" ?? laughing out loud
17-Jan-22 6:45pm
#15
Alaisiagae
GameTZ Subscriber Double Gold Good Trader

I found the reviews I've read to be helpful. When I want to learn more about a game, I like to read a bunch of different detailed reviews from people who liked it and people who didn't like it. I read the "last game you beat" and "post detailed review of games you've been playing" threads. I wish that thread was searchable or indexed - there are some very thoughtful analyses posted there.

18-Jan-22 2:18am
#16
JMAN
GameTZ Subscriber Bronze Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally

Alaisiagae wrote:
I found the reviews I've read to be helpful. When I want to learn more about a game, I like to read a bunch of different detailed reviews from people who liked it and people who didn't like it. I read the "last game you beat" and "post detailed review of games you've been playing" threads. I wish that thread was searchable or indexed - there are some very thoughtful analyses posted there.I think that's why i miss them i like when they felt more personal. You got more out of it rather than have 300 people tell you the score in one review like most websites its like a lost art.


Am I the only one that misses reviews??