GameTZ

Sign OnNon-Mobile

Xbox Series X/S Discussion Thread *xb1*
18-Jul-20 12:40pm
#1
bluemetal04
Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally

This topic had many older posts which were moved here:

http://gametz.com/Vi...








Might as well get it started. Who's looking forward to it? I personally think that it could beat PS5, that is if they don't screw up. They need a basic UI, more first party titles, and focus only on gaming. They own the license to Rare games, we need to see new Conkers, Perfect Dark, Banjo Kazooie, etc. They did alright with Killer Instinct, I'll give them that, but they're sitting on a lot of games that needs remade, remastered, and sequels.
As far as I know, it's slightly more powerful than the PS5, which isn't a big deal. But what is a big deal is that it will come with more storage. XBSX will have 1TB, which I admit, is not much by today's standards. The PS5 will have 825GB, which is ridiculous. I'm guessing that the next gen games will be around 100gb or more in size on average. If that is the case, I expect the discs will be on 4k UHD blu-rays.
16-Mar-21 10:47am
#141
Archer
GameTZ Subscriber 500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 1 Review

Feeb wrote:
I thought you could complete all the quest lines on one play through. I got the plat on it and pretty sure it required completing all of the chains?
You can. This choice has trophies/achievements that are either or to unlock. So your choice doesn't matter in that regard.
16-Mar-21 10:52am
#142
Archer
GameTZ Subscriber 500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 1 Review

FPS boost coming to The Outer Worlds today, just in time for the last story DLC to drop tomorrow.

PS5 is also getting a patch to unlock the frame rate from 30 and move it up to 60.
16-Mar-21 11:02am
#143
Slickriven
GameTZ Subscriber Double Gold Good Trader Has Written 1 Review

That FPS boost might be the catalyst for me to finally seek out a SX. I was holding of b/c I just didn't see the value as really only the Medium was an exclusive and my 1X has been working just fine.
Plus stimulus money needs spent on something, right?

16-Mar-21 11:27am
#144
Feeb
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally

Slickriven wrote:
That FPS boost might be the catalyst for me to finally seek out a SX. I was holding of b/c I just didn't see the value as really only the Medium was an exclusive and my 1X has been working just fine. Plus stimulus money needs spent on something, right?
We bought one to use as our bedroom media device- mainly because we have a membership to les mills on demand workouts which is easiest to use on Xbox. It's been great. Much faster than PS4 at loading / streaming all that. Sound quality is great. There are not too many Xbox family games I want to play so it's been perfect for that with game pass too. It's very small and takes up less space.
16-Mar-21 11:41am
#145
ErickRPG
GameTZ Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally

Archer wrote:
ErickRPG wrote:> TalonJedi87 wrote: |>> Skyrim is a sink hole. Beat it twice in my life across 2 generations. Got all> the |>> achievements on the 360 version. Once you start it's really hard to stop, if you're |>> into endless quests for various factions and just getting lost in the wanderlust |>> landscape the land of Tamriel has to offer in the snowy peaks of the home of the |>> Nord with a stunningly orchestrated soundtrack. Oblivion is like that too, but> Skyrim |>> is the complete package for me. The Dark Brotherhood for Life! Sanguine!> > as a first time player playing a female nord. Who should I side with? I can see> the reasons to side with "my people" but also side with the empire her bring a rational> thinker and smart person. I literally can't progress any more because I keep running> into those skirmishes and I need to decide!> > What ever your character would do. Its an RPG.
Yeah that's the problem. I'm having trouble deciding what my character will do. I'm at a point where there is a quest to go to something with the nord king. I'm not sure if that's the decision point but I feel like "my character" hasn't really even learned enough about the story to even MAKE a decision.

16-Mar-21 11:56am
#146
Archer
GameTZ Subscriber 500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 1 Review

ErickRPG wrote:
Archer wrote:> ErickRPG wrote: |>> TalonJedi87 wrote:> |>> Skyrim is a sink hole. Beat it twice in my life across 2 generations. Got all |>> the> |>> achievements on the 360 version. Once you start it's really hard to stop, if> you're> |>> into endless quests for various factions and just getting lost in the wanderlust> |>> landscape the land of Tamriel has to offer in the snowy peaks of the home of> the> |>> Nord with a stunningly orchestrated soundtrack. Oblivion is like that too, but |>> Skyrim> |>> is the complete package for me. The Dark Brotherhood for Life! Sanguine! |>> |>> as a first time player playing a female nord. Who should I side with? I can> see |>> the reasons to side with "my people" but also side with the empire her bring a> rational |>> thinker and smart person. I literally can't progress any more because I keep> running |>> into those skirmishes and I need to decide! |>> |>> > > What ever your character would do. Its an RPG. Yeah that's the problem. I'm having trouble deciding what my character will do. I'm at a point where there is a quest to go to something with the nord king. I'm not sure if that's the decision point but I feel like "my character" hasn't really even learned enough about the story to even MAKE a decision.
Then make a save. And pick one. See if you agree with it. If not go back. I'm 100% sure that is what I did the very first time I played Skyrim as well. Because you really are not given all the info before hand if I remember correctly. Or you are, but only if you do things in a certain order I think.
16-Mar-21 12:04pm
#147
Kuliddar
Bronze Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Canada

Archer wrote:

Deathloop is only a timed exclusive, so it is coming to xbox. And will most likely be a day one on GP for xbox as well. Which honestly has me considering skipping it on PS5.
Yeah, there is nothing on PS5 right now that says I need to get a PS5, even more so that 95% of Sony full exclusives still release on PS4. My Xbox Series X just gives me everything I need at this point. I'll reassess when the first PS5 revision gets released (slim version) but so far, looking ahead, this new gen is going to be a 1 console gen for me only.
16-Mar-21 12:56pm
#148
Slickriven
GameTZ Subscriber Double Gold Good Trader Has Written 1 Review

Kuliddar wrote:
Yeah, there is nothing on PS5 right now that says I need to get a PS5, even more so that 95% of Sony full exclusives still release on PS4. My Xbox Series X just gives me everything I need at this point. I'll reassess when the first PS5 revision gets released (slim version) but so far, looking ahead, this new gen is going to be a 1 console gen for me only.
Not trying to kick off a console debate, but I feel exactly the same about the SX. With a good working 1X, the SX just doesn't have anything that says 'I need to own an SX right now'. Note I'm not interested in the SS. Having only got a PS4 in the past 6 months or so, and barely played it either, I'm not seeking out a PS5 either.

With both, Sony more so, being a challenge to acquire from a retailer, I'm less inclined to hunt for one or pay somebody extra $$ to acquire one. I feel like there's just really little reason, in my opinion, to upgrade to either. I can admit that the FPS Boost and Quick Resume features seem really cool and nice, but I can, and have been, living without them thus far.

16-Mar-21 1:09pm
#149
ErickRPG
GameTZ Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally

Archer wrote:
ErickRPG wrote:> Archer wrote: |>> ErickRPG wrote:> |>> TalonJedi87 wrote: |>> |>> Skyrim is a sink hole. Beat it twice in my life across 2 generations. Got> all> |>> the |>> |>> achievements on the 360 version. Once you start it's really hard to stop,> if |>> you're |>> |>> into endless quests for various factions and just getting lost in the wanderlust |>> |>> landscape the land of Tamriel has to offer in the snowy peaks of the home> of |>> the |>> |>> Nord with a stunningly orchestrated soundtrack. Oblivion is like that too,> but> |>> Skyrim |>> |>> is the complete package for me. The Dark Brotherhood for Life! Sanguine!> |>> > |>> as a first time player playing a female nord. Who should I side with? I can |>> see> |>> the reasons to side with "my people" but also side with the empire her bring> a |>> rational> |>> thinker and smart person. I literally can't progress any more because I keep |>> running> |>> into those skirmishes and I need to decide!> |>> > |>> |>> |>> What ever your character would do. Its an RPG. > > Yeah that's the problem. I'm having trouble deciding what my character will do.> I'm at a point where there is a quest to go to something with the nord king. I'm> not sure if that's the decision point but I feel like "my character" hasn't really> even learned enough about the story to even MAKE a decision.> > Then make a save. And pick one. See if you agree with it. If not go back. I'm 100% sure that is what I did the very first time I played Skyrim as well. Because you really are not given all the info before hand if I remember correctly. Or you are, but only if you do things in a certain order I think.
ah ok. So I gotta waste 5 hours on each side. Got it. Guess I'll put it on the backburner.

16-Mar-21 1:27pm
#150
Archer
GameTZ Subscriber 500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 1 Review

ErickRPG wrote:
Archer wrote:> ErickRPG wrote: |>> Archer wrote:> |>> ErickRPG wrote: |>> |>> TalonJedi87 wrote:> |>> |>> Skyrim is a sink hole. Beat it twice in my life across 2 generations. Got |>> all |>> |>> the> |>> |>> achievements on the 360 version. Once you start it's really hard to stop, |>> if> |>> you're> |>> |>> into endless quests for various factions and just getting lost in the wanderlust> |>> |>> landscape the land of Tamriel has to offer in the snowy peaks of the home |>> of> |>> the> |>> |>> Nord with a stunningly orchestrated soundtrack. Oblivion is like that too, |>> but |>> |>> Skyrim> |>> |>> is the complete package for me. The Dark Brotherhood for Life! Sanguine! |>> |>> |>> |>> as a first time player playing a female nord. Who should I side with? I> can> |>> see |>> |>> the reasons to side with "my people" but also side with the empire her bring |>> a> |>> rational |>> |>> thinker and smart person. I literally can't progress any more because I keep> |>> running |>> |>> into those skirmishes and I need to decide! |>> |>> |>> |>> > |>> > |>> What ever your character would do. Its an RPG. |>> |>> Yeah that's the problem. I'm having trouble deciding what my character will do. |>> I'm at a point where there is a quest to go to something with the nord king.> I'm |>> not sure if that's the decision point but I feel like "my character" hasn't really |>> even learned enough about the story to even MAKE a decision. |>> |>> > > Then make a save. And pick one. See if you agree with it. If not go back. I'm 100%> sure that is what I did the very first time I played Skyrim as well. Because you> really are not given all the info before hand if I remember correctly. Or you are,> but only if you do things in a certain order I think. ah ok. So I gotta waste 5 hours on each side. Got it. Guess I'll put it on the backburner.
No. The quest line is literally 30-60 minutes. Its a very insignificant part of the game actually.
16-Mar-21 1:45pm
#151
ErickRPG
GameTZ Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally

i'llw atch it then. What's the name of the 2 quests.

16-Mar-21 1:55pm
#152
mattyg00013
400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally

New GamePass Titles for the rest of the month and Outriders in April.

Undertale (Cloud, Console, and PC) - March 16, 2021
Empire of Sin (Cloud, Console, and PC) - March 18, 2021
Star Wars Squadrons (Console via EA Play) - March 18, 2021
Genesis Noir (Console and PC) - March 25, 2021
Octopath Traveler (Console and PC) - March 25, 2021
Yakuza 6: The Song of Life (Cloud, Console, and PC) - March 25, 2021
Narita Boy (Cloud, Console, and PC) - March 30, 2021

Outriders will now be launching on GamePass April 1st.

I left off the PC only titles. The demo for Outriders was alright, not enough to make me buy it but on GamePass I'll give it a try. Octopath Traveler is also a surprising announcement, I've wanted to pick that up for the Switch for a while now but keep putting it off.
16-Mar-21 2:25pm
#153
Archer
GameTZ Subscriber 500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 1 Review

ErickRPG wrote:
i'llw atch it then. What's the name of the 2 quests.
I honestly have no idea. But there are a lot of videos about the civil war on youtube. You could probably just search it.
16-Mar-21 2:29pm
#154
Feeb
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally

With Skyrim quests-




I really enjoyed the vamp and dragon kin stuff. Especially the Kate Beckinsale vamp sidekick was badass.

16-Mar-21 3:18pm
#155
SwiftJAB
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader

Octopath Traveler on GP is definitely a surprise.
16-Mar-21 6:31pm
#156
TalonJedi87
Triple Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews

Idk $15 a month seems like a sweet spot. Anything above $20 I may have to reconsider or only resubscribe when theres big or numerous releases at once I wanna play
16-Mar-21 6:49pm
#157
SwiftJAB
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader

Like most things in life, the price is going to go up. What I've liked about Microsoft's approach is that they typically continue to add more value to it to justify the cost. There are more games on Gamepass than ever and they've continued to expand their "first-party" offerings to have more games being launched on Gamepass and there hasn't been a price increase (except for PC) since it launched.

That being said, Microsoft now has 3 subscriptions for the Xbox ecosystem. They can probably get away with small price increases, but y'all saw what happened when they tried to double the price of Xbox Live.
16-Mar-21 7:14pm
#158
Anxiouz
900 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader This user is on the site NOW (5 minutes ago)

Doubling the price was ridiculous, but if GP Ultimate went up to $20 I think that's totally fine. I certainly wouldn't cancel.
16-Mar-21 7:26pm
#159
Archer
GameTZ Subscriber 500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 1 Review

I wont like an increase to $20, but I wont complain about it either. It has saved me a lot of money. I also currently have 3 years on my current time left. So I wouldn't be paying the higher price for a couple years anyways.
16-Mar-21 8:04pm
#160
Finn
GameTZ Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Canada

Rather than stay subbed to GPU I would also only re sub when something dropped that I wanted to play.






16-Mar-21 8:51pm
#161
TalonJedi87
Triple Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews

$20 a month I'd do with all these new acquisitions like Bethesda they have to justify the increase sure but make it a nominal increase like Disney Plus just did. Raised $1 a month. Don't double it to $30/mo.

Xbox Series X/S Discussion Thread *xb1*